About Me

My photo
Lets see...I'm Amber. I've been married about 2 years now to my Prince, and we have a beautiful baby girl, named Sophie. I'm a stay at home mom, which means I am a nurse, a maid, a cleaning lady, and a chef, among other things.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

i am mommy, see me blog...

lets face it, being a mom is tough. there's the feeding and the bathing and the rocking and the bouncing, and that's just in the first hour after you wake up. and the diapers - oh yes, the diapers - i swear sometimes i wonder if what is coming out of me is even good for my little one because, i mean really, is poop supposed to look like that? and the smell, oh my Lord in Heaven above, the smell...i say again, what am i feeding my daughter??

with everything that falls on our shoulders as mothers, and the expectations that are looming above our head put there by not just society, but our family and even ourselves, its easy to feel like we don't quite measure up. We have to be doctor, nutritionist, maid, cleaner, and bather. all the while looking like a super model and keeping up with the needs of our husbands, and making everything look effortless, when in fact, it's anything but. we have to be the super mom, the super wife, the super [insert motherly/wifely duty here] and it's enough to drive us crazy. and often times, we put these expectations on ourselves more than anyone else does.

that is why i'm writing this blog, to keep myself focused on why i enjoy being a mommy and a wife. and, quite frankly, as an excuse to lock myself in my bedroom with a glass of wine - or sparkling cider, whichever - and wind down from the day and let my darling husband take care of our beautiful daughter.

speaking of husbands, aren't they awesome? mine is. he knows how hard i work and never fails to tell me how much he appreciates it, especially after i leave our 8 month old with him for the day so i can go grocery shopping quickly and efficiently. but really, even on the days that i feel my worst, like last night when we went out and i failed to bring wipes...of all thing to forget, baby wipes are way up there on the worst. and its not just that, i've gone out and forgotten to stock the diaper bag completely and had to borrow a diaper, wipes and even a change of clothes for our little one because she made what i call and Armageddon diaper. and of all places for this to happen, it HAD to happen at the doctors office.

and on days like this when i feel less than adequate for the job at hand, and i'm feeling not so super, he make sure that i know, that to him and to our little girl, i am the ultimate Super Mommy. and its that reminder coupled with the little things - little smiles, little giggles, little eyes, little nose, little ears little toes - that remind me that even when i forget the baby wipes at home and have to wipe her little butt with a wet paper towel, at the end of the day, i'm still mommy, and she loves me just the same...

2 comments:

  1. So very true. I'm also glad to hear I'm not the only one who forgets to stock the diaper bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to be doctor, nutritionist, maid, cleaner, and bather. all the while looking like a super model and keeping up with the needs of our husbands, and making everything look effortless, when in fact, it's anything but. www.scottsdalemaids.org

    ReplyDelete